Re: [OM] Hi

Subject: Re: [OM] Hi
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 16:43:27 EDT

> I pretty much know what the differences are between it and the
>  OM2n, but how does the program mode work

Welcome to the group.

The camera sets both the shutter speed and aperture autmatically. Set your
OM2s at minimum aperture so all apertures can be used. The camera uses, for
example, the following program usign ISO 100 film with an f2 lens: EV 18,
1/1000@f16, EV 17 1/1000@f11, EV 16  ~f9@1/800, EV15 ~f7@1/600, and so forth
to EV 8 f2@1/250 at which point the shutter speed is decreased to the low
exposure limit.

I don''t know exactly how the program works but I know that it is a little
slower when using the 5 fps motor drive.  I suspect that it first
approximates a shutter speed before firing the shutter for the viewfinder
display, then after you trip the shutter, it stops the diaphragm down through
the aperture linkage.  This mechanical motion is not exact between different
lens and may be entirely different with non-Zuikos (I don't know as I have
never tested this) so the camera makes another calculation of shutter speed
for a correct exposure but before actually opening the shutter.

This camera is an upgrade to the 2N but both cameras seem to have equal
numbers of fans.

I may be out on a limb here and cutting the wrong end off but the grace of
this group is that it doesn't hurt too much to fall.

Warren