Re: [OM] OM10 and 3rd Party Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] OM10 and 3rd Party Flash
From: Richard Ross <rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:48:46 +0100
At 18:10 24/06/99 +0000, you wrote:
>The funny thing is when you put the flash in the shoe and it is
>charged the camera seems to use about 1/60th of a second.  Is this
>normal.  The camera indicates about 1 second but the speed sounds
>right..
>
>Can anyone throw any light on this.  I would be very grateful.
>Regards
>Graeme Arlidge

Olympus T series flashes will set the camera to 1/60 automatically when
fitted to the camera hot shoe and switched on, so yes, this is normal. From
memory, the VF indicates 1/60 as well though, so it's possible that your
broken shoe is only doing half its job!  To set 1/60th when using a non-T
series flash, set the selector dial to "Manual".  You'll get 1/60th even if
you don't have a manual adapter fitted - this should work with your Vivitar
283, it was fine with my Vivitar 2500.  You can also use the manual setting
without the adapter to get a fixed 1/60th for normal shooting if you want -
a sort of limited manual override.

Enjoy your OM-10 - I think it's an underrated body.  I've had mine for 21
years and it's never put a foot wrong... :-)

Cheers
Richard

Richard Ross
Hemel Hempstead, England