Re: [OM] XA f stop

Subject: Re: [OM] XA f stop
From: Richard Ross <rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 09:36:11 +0100
Mike Butler wrote:
>       I have recently aquired an XA w/ A11 flash and so far it has been a
>great little pocket camera.  Olympus was kind enough to send a new
>manual, but I am curious why the f5.6 is a bronze or gold color and the
>rest of the scale is silver?

As I understand it, 5.6 is recommended as a "point and shoot" aperture.
There's a red distance mark on the focus scale as well for the same reason
- presumably the hyperfocal distance at 5.6.  Set the aperture and focus to
the red settings and you'll get good results under most conditions without
having to worry about metering, focussing etc.  I can't remember where I
heard that - it isn't in the manual as you rightly say.  I love my XA -
it's been cooked, frozen and soaked yet still comes up smiling!

Cheers
Richard

Richard Ross
Hemel Hempstead, England