Re: [OM] (silly?) incident metering question

Subject: Re: [OM] (silly?) incident metering question
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 23:54:54 -0700 (PDT)
>  at  hand. My track record of late has been less than stellar.
>  OM content: I'm beginning to like the 50/1.8MC wide open for low light
>  candid portraits (such as when the adorable little sister is about to
>  fall asleep :-))

Low light candid portraits are difficult because usually the lighting is
much contrastier than we imagine. Lacking a spot meter, go right up to you
slumbering sister and take a reading off of her face.<<<

All the more reason to get a spot body (<--zuikoholic tendency)
Exactly :-) If she doesn't know you're there, you're not there <G> Or,
there's the palm+1stop trick, but that doesn't seem feasable in cases like
this. We'll see how the pictures turn out. One time, the subject, my bro,
who'll run away just to bug me, was sitting on the stairs; he sat still
even as I was fiddling with the camera. "Click." "Huh? Did you just
take a picture of me? Nah." I grin and walk away. Not till the prints came
back did he react "WHAT!? When did you take /that/ picture? You took a
picture?" Hehe, lovely discreet and quiet OM-1.

/Acer "steppenwolf" Victoria
--
goosnargh