Re: [OM] It's Finally Here!

Subject: Re: [OM] It's Finally Here!
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 18:44:43 +0000
John recommends contact cement. I believe a brand name in the US is Pliobond -
I know
you are in Canada.  It sounds as if you should apply a very small amount, a
fraction
of a drop, with a tooth pick or similar.  I would pry up the leather, apply a
tiny
smear on the leather, avoiding getting any on the actual edge and perhaps in
from
the edge a bit, and a tiny amount on the camera body where the leather seats.
Wait
30 seconds to one minute then press the leather back in place.

Contact cement works by having glue on both surfaces to be glued and letting
the
glue partially dry.  When the two surfaces are then pressed together the glued
surfaces adhere to each other on contact.

Giles