[OM] Shoe 2 problem

Subject: [OM] Shoe 2 problem
From: "Frank Wijsmuller of Milou van der Bel" <Wijsmuller.VanderBel@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 22:24:11 +0200
I bought an OM-1 today with an adapted shoe2. The second pin for use with
the OM-2 is broken off. The contact from the top of the shoe to the camera
(where it's broken) seems to be some sort of screw. Is it possible to
unscrew it and screw an original screw back, thus restoring an useable shoe2
again? Is this part still available, or should I look for a junk shoe2?

If anyone's interested, I located an early Zuiko 300/4.5 for about Euro 325.
It appeared to be in good condition, some scratches on the diaphragm ring,
I'd say 8 out of 10 being rather critical. It has the metal hood and the
tripod ring, but no case. I have no connection with the seller, if
interested contact me. Olaf or Tom?? ;-)

I have a similar 300 myself and recently found a very nice use for it, in
the Zoo. With a 14mm extension ring you can take nice pictures of birds and
other small animals in small cages, without disturbing them. Have fun.

Thanks in advance,

Frank Wijsmuller
The Netherlands