[OM] Life is entertaining [OT - OK, some OM content in this one)

Subject: [OM] Life is entertaining [OT - OK, some OM content in this one)
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:46:38 -0500
We're at the University of Minnesota, on the East bank of the Mississippi,
in Minneapolis.

Just an update, things are moving positively.  The pancreas is working,
which is the good news. The less good news is that she is still bleeding
internally.  The doctors are hopeful, though, and we try to 'ride that
hope'.  The operation is amazingly intrusive and combined with nasty
anti-rejection drugs, Debbie is still quite sick.  Time is what she needs
now.

I did go for a short walk yesterday (have to get some OM content in).  This
is the kit I brought (only I would faithfully pack a camera bag on the way
to a transplant).

OM-4T
21/2
38/2.8 Shift (my first chance to really use it)
50/1.8 (don't really know why)
35-70/3.5-4.5 (I love this little thing)
75-150/4 (didn't want the weight of a bigger zoom)
90/2 Macro (how can you go anywhere without it)
T20

Well, spelling it out it seems like a lot for this trip.

I walked along the river and the hiking trails and took a few shots of the
water and a few back at the medical center and a few just interesting macro
shots.  The river is quite a ways below the medical center (something like
300 steps, easy down, difficult up---particularly since it's 90 degrees)
Today I'll walk around the University campus and probably focus on the
architecture (yes, strong-willed man that I am, I won't even LOOK at the
attractive young college women).

I can't be gone for long, so these are quick 30 minute walks. I don't have a
car, or the opportunity to be gone long, so you find your photo-ops where
you are.  Once I'm done with this roll (Fuji 100), I'm going to load some
Fuji 800 and take some interesting macro shots of a hospital room, more
abstract.  I like abstract shots, maybe it's my wrong-held (as opposed to
long-held) belief that somewhere inside of me there is some artistic
ability-----nah.

Once we're home and Debbie's healthier, I'll scan and post the negs.

Tom