Re: [OM] What should I say ? -- Hank

Subject: Re: [OM] What should I say ? -- Hank
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 11:19:43 GMT
Hi, Hank,

To begin, ask for a couple of recent copies of the magazine so you can get an idea of the magazine's format. Also request the magazine's style guide - this specifies how submissions should be done by a writer or photographer, i.e., margins and spacing for copy, sizes for photos if prints, slides otherwise, etc. The style guide may also have some information on standard rates paid to writers and photographers.

Normally these are requests a freelance writer or photographer would make when trying to submit acceptable material. In your case, since the editor contacted you, the situation is a bit different. But this will help you to evaluate how legitimate this solicitation is.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Lex
===
Hank Hogan <hogant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I received the following e-mail about the use of some of my pictures...