Re: [OM] Digital Olympus accessories/flash - anyone knowsanything?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Olympus accessories/flash - anyone knowsanything?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 09:27:52 +0800
I learned from rec.photo.digital that many E-10 users used the IBM
micro drive without any problem. When I bought the micro dirve here,
the sales also said they sell many for E-10 users too. Actually I
don't want to spend too much as I just almost used up my whole year's
camera budget ;-) but it is just hard to work with only a 32M+16M SM.
At 1:8 compression it does have noticeable lost is picture quality,
1:4 works fine but it only store 17-18 photos per 32MB card.

The micro drive is a good investment, I paid around $200 for a 340M,
the same money I can only get a 128M CF. It work well on my E-10 but
since people said it consume more power and Olympus don't recommend
it. I now mainly use it to copy the file from my 32M SM, once it is
full I just plug in the micro drive and download the image (it takes
around 70 seconds to download full 32M) then clean up the SM and shoot
again.

On the other hand I have tried to plug a 1G micro drive to the E-10,
there was no display on the b/w LCD but it work and I can shoot with
it. Later I heard that due to picture number exceeded 999 (it was set
to 1:8, so the number of pict was more than 1000) so it cause error
and no LCD display.