Re: [OM] Shipping from US to Canada

Subject: Re: [OM] Shipping from US to Canada
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 22:27:49 -0600
On 12 Apr 2001, at 14:57, Tom A. Trottier wrote:

> Canada Post only charges $5 brokerage, as opposed to UPS, etc that
> charge upwards of $20 to the receiver. But I think Fedex includes
> brokerage in their express charges.

UPS nailed me for $33 brokerage on a $100 shipment already owned by
me...  a camera coming back from repair!  BLOODY CROOKS!!!

FedEx does include brokerage in their express charges.  That's why it's
$45 (and more!) to send something to the States.  BLOODY CROOKS!!!

Canada Post, as much as we love to hate them, is at least reasonable
in their fees, and in my experience (YMMV) gets it there in reasonable
time and without damage.  Blame Cretin...  uhhhh....  Chretien and
<insert Premier's name here> for the taxes Canada Post collects.

Regards,

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)