Re: [OM] hum.... comments on 180/f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] hum.... comments on 180/f2.8
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 16:35:40 +0800
Gary, it is great to hear the superb performance of Zuiko 180/2.8 -
one of my most favorite lens. I'm more than satisfy with over 70 lp/mm
resolution, may be the Tamron have over 80 lp/mm but I won't care as I
shot mostly hand held, I don't even expected I can get the max
resolution from the Zuiko (although I consistently found this lens has
better resolution then many other zuikos), but chroma is quite a big
problem of it though. Anyway resolution and sharpness is not the only
item to concern, color, contrast (to me not the higher the better) and
distortion are also very important, the Zuiko 180/2.8 just has all the
things I needed. But the best thing I can immediately see about the
Tamron is the IF design, it provide fast and easier focusing.

Concerning the shutter vibration, it could be a problem, I will check
again with my 90/2 and 100/2 to see if I was wrong about their
resolution comparison.

C.H.Ling