Re: [OM] Olympus Filter Quality?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Filter Quality?
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 11:42:32 EDT
dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> In their September issue, the german Fotomagazin has made a test on 17
> circular polarizers currently on the market. The B+W Slim C-POL MRC, the
> Nikon Circular Polar and the Heliopan Pol circular Slim SH-PMC lead the
test.
> Of course, the Olympus polarizer was not tested (is it still being
produced?),
>  but it's nice to have a comparision.
>
>  If anyone is interested, I could scan the test pages and put them on my
> homepage. Quite naturally the test report is in German, but if I recall
> correctly, some list members have proven concise knowledge of this language
(
> Susan?).

Please do, Bernd.  Even though I just bought a Tiffen for today, I'm still
shopping (for that big B & W or Heliopan, no doubt), and I'm sure others
would like to see that info.  We'll make it Suzan's assignment to translate
(O.K., Susan?  Gut!  Danke :-)).

I would also be interested in any other filter tests, if anyone has them or
can direct us to them.

I've managed to expand my lens collection to 55mm filter rings (the 85/2 and
the 35 - 105mm) and 72mm rings (300mm/4.5) so have tripled my filter needs.
Sure glad I don't have a "Commander in Chief" to answer to for this "hobby".
How DO you married guys get away with it???

Rich