[OM] Need info on the Olympus 35 RD

Subject: [OM] Need info on the Olympus 35 RD
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 16:59:04 -0700 (PDT)
I was visiting www.cameraquest.com and came across
some interesting Olympus models, namely the 35 RD and
35 SP. I them looked on e-bay and lo and behold there
was a person selling a 35 RD with ps200 flash! I have
won this camera and would like to know more about it
if anyone has one, especially the 40mm 1.7 Zuiko. My
thoughts were that the 35RD has a focal length of 40mm
which is the same as the OM pancake, so basically I
would be purchasing a working (he say so in the
auction that the camera is working well) camera with
flash and 40mm lens for less than the cost of the OM
lens alone. What I really wanted to know was what the
quality of this lens was and whether it is a good
substitute for the pancake?

Mark LLoyd