Re: [OM] This Idiot's Found a Kit

Subject: Re: [OM] This Idiot's Found a Kit
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 15:11:12 EDT
In a message dated 9/23/01 7:39:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
litefoot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Can you refer me to a website where I can see or order the Orion holster?
>  Also, what is the QR plate? is this a ball head, or a tilt handle type?

Hi, titoy,

See www.Lowepro.com.  Probably B&H in New York would be your best bet for
online purchase, unless somebody knows a better source.  Good service and
prices.

For the QR heads/plates, see www.Bogenphoto.com.  I got the #3229.  Small and
light.  If I were doing only studio work, I would have gotten a bigger,
heavier model, but since I stomp around in the steep mountains of Washington
state, I went for small & light.  The 3229 is still very well made, and
strong.  The Italians are just geniuses at design, when they put their minds
to it (Fiat notwithstanding).  Engineering become art.  Bogen/Manfrotto now
floats around in my head with Ferrari, Beretta,  Ducati, Sophia Loren and
pasta (cousin of pansit!).  God bless Italians!

Rich