Re: [OM] Digital Camera that takes OM lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Camera that takes OM lenses
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 23:33:37 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> As long as there's not too much distance between the film mounting flange
> and the detector, someone could certainly make an adapter.  (If the
distance
> is too long, you'd lose infinity focus).

Right!

> Problem 1: Any linkages between the body and the lens will be certainly
> lost.  And I bet that the digital camera relies upon digital signals from
> the lens for aperture information to regulate its exposure.

If it design like the Fuji S1, you can use any manual lens, just use manual
mode without meter reading.

> Problem 2: OK, you say, "You could use the lenses in stop down mode".  But
> remember, OM lenses (except the 35 & 24 shift) don't have locking
> DOF-Preview buttons.  Are you going to hold the little button down for
every
> shot?  Me thinks not.

You can just shoot like using the OM to Pen F adapter and I heard the OM to
Canon adaptor has stop down button. It dosen't seem difficult to make one if
distance of "film" to mount is enough.

C.H.Ling