Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2999

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2999
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 11:11:16 -0600
The bezel for the ASA knob is attached to the top cover -- it doesn't
come off (or shouldn't!).  The easiest method is to swap tops entirely.

There are several versions of the knob itself, and while all are similar
in construction the parts aren't compatible -- in other words, you'll
have to replace parts from one knob with parts that are of an identical
type.

In short, the knurled outer part of the knob unscrews from the inner
part, which is inserted from underneath the top.  Be careful trying to
unscrew it, though -- the earliest models had set screws, later types
were glued, and the latest versions of the inner part are plastic and
the "teeth" for the ASA latch will shear off easily.

The plate with the ASA #'s just sticks onto the top of the knob, but on
some versions there is a separate plate on the top (which is no longer
available), while on others the top of the knob is part of the insert
itself and not removable separately.  In both cases, some are plastic,
some are metal -- be careful!