Re: [OM] Medium format film scanners

Subject: Re: [OM] Medium format film scanners
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:22:51 +0100
Hi John,

Others have recommended the Epson 2450 already - maybe you can ask Chris Waigl (list member) about it, she got one and uses it for 35mm even. Myself I'm very content with the Microtek X12USL with MTMA (magnetic Transperency Adapter) for medium format - but haven't used it for MF slides yet (for 35mm I use the Acer 2720).

Info:

http://ww1.microtek.com/Europe-E/Web/Product.php?ThisPage=Scanners&Product=Detail&P_Id=15

plus MTMA

http://ww1.microtek.com/Europe-E/Web/Product.php?ThisPage=Accessories&Product=Detail&P_Id=19

I scanned (just for the fun of the people at some private meeting with no great attention to Newton etc ;)) two rolls of Fuji NHG II pushed to 1600 ASA (!) with the Microtek Scanwizard software, results at

http://www.doro-foto.de/drf/drfDprodukt/index.htm

Price in Germany is about 370 Euro (about 330 USD).

HTH
cheers
Doro