Customs documents (was: Re: [OM] FS: still more good olympus stuff; )las

Subject: Customs documents (was: Re: [OM] FS: still more good olympus stuff; )last call
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 19:07:41 +0200 (CEST)
On Sat, 18 May 2002, Dick Locke wrote:

<SNIP>

> Feel free to make offers, especially on package deals.  Prefer US
> only ship, prices are not valid in the rest of the world, but
> feel free to email me to discuss.  I will not falsify customs
> documents, so don't ask.
>
> Thanks!

I understand that you do not want to falsify doccuments, and I think
that's a fair thing.

I am just wondering what anyone would stand to gain by falsifying
such? I've never had any problems with stuff I've bought as long as the
seller has clearly stated on the papers that it's a private sale of second
hand used camera equipment.

I even bought some new stuff (flashbulbs en masse - don't ask) at some
point at the only source I could find - which was a company somewhere in
the mid west in the US. They were wrapped very carefully, of course, and
sent with big "fragile" lables. On the customs form the seller clearly
labelled that this was new flashbulbs, bought from a registerd company,
yes, expensive ones and yes quite fragile. The later in the form of
"Whichever customs inspector opens this, please wear gloves and do not
drop anything". There was no evidence that the parcel had been opened and
I've yet to receive any bill from the customs (it's 3-4 years ago now).

So what would one stand to gain from falsifying customs doccuments?

yours curious :)

--thomas

--

  Thomas Heide Clausen