Re: [OM] To buy or not to buy?

Subject: Re: [OM] To buy or not to buy?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 00:01:18 EST
In a message dated 10/31/2002 10:21:26 PM Central Standard Time,
VS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Should I buy it? Is it worth it?

I like the OM 2S for its ease of use and spot metering ability. The down side
of this body is that the meters occasionally die from terminal circuit
failure.  When that happens you will have a nice parts camera as the new
circuits are not really available (well there is a stash or at least a few I
know about) and if they were, it is not economically feasible to repair them.
Bottom line is it cost a heck of a lot more to fix it than it is worth.  So
what do you do if it dies?  Buy another one.  Can't give you any advice on
the tripod, however on the camera body, just treat it like a good pet . . .
love the heck out of it until it is gone and then miss it but get another.
Bill Barber