[OM] Re: ( OM ) Flash at the Olympics

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) Flash at the Olympics
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 11:32:50 -0600
This is a pet peeve of mine. Years ago we were at Disneyland on the Pirates
of the Caribbean ride in a dark area when some jerk fired a flash in my
eyes. I suggested that if he did that again his camera might just wind up in
the water. He calmly raised the camera in front of my face and fired the
flash right in my eyes. His camera did go in the water but I underestimated
the tenacity of his grip on the precious device and he went in there too.
The Disneyland officials were not amused but I did get a round of applause
from those on the ride. I used to do gymnastic photography and you don't
dare use a flash up close because you might blind the performer and cause an
accident. The same is true for dance performances where those near the edge
of the stage could be blinded. /jmac