[OM] Re: Ouch!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: Ouch!!!
From: Doug <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:59:54 -0400
On Monday September 20 2004 7:15 am, you wrote:
> Not to mention that s/he appears to live in a part of NY that is 30
> miles from Dallas?
> Of course it could all be explained but....
> AndrewF
>
> On 20/09/2004, at 1:27 PM, AG Schnozz wrote:
> > OM-2n?
> > Nearly new?
> > Warrenty adjustment?
> > $400?

I email him some questions and here is his reply:

Interesting story.  I owned a camera store in the D/FW  area when this camera
was a new model--about 20-25 years ago.  The customer  that brought it in was
not one of my customers, but being a responsible and  helpful town merchant,
I undertook to send the body to the Dallas service  shop for him--who knows,
the good deed might have converted him to a  customer.  However, the well
known
axiom, "No good deed goes un-punished"  kicked in and the UPS truck somehow
ran over it.

Well, that put me in a predicament with this erstwhile  customer as you might
imagine.  I didn't think to insure the thing for  $400, rather let the
standard $100 of UPS coverage ride for its short 25-mile  journey. . . and,
well you
know the rest.