[OM] Re: Camera prices and values

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera prices and values
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:51:24 -0000
CyberSimian wrote:

> The OM1 was the first SLR that I purchased, but I quickly realised that I
> had bought the wrong camera -- I am not in to manual metering (except in
> special circumstances).

The lack of an indication of shutter speed can be a hinderance unless you're so
used to the camera and are using it day-in day-out. And it's not as "snappy" a
camera as the OM-2. I use my 2N more than my 1N. But if you *forced* me to give
one of them up, I'd give up the 2N.

> Fortunately about a year later Olympus introduced
> the OM2, which I purchased almost immediately and sold the OM1.

The 2N is a lovely camera, and I much prefer the needle to little red lights.

> I have not missed the OM1, and have never yearned for an OM3 or OM3Ti.

If you're not in to setting the shutter speed manually, the 3/Ti would be
pointless.

> I now have several OM4Ti bodies, but I still love my OM2.  First love never
> dies!

Poor OM-1. Your first SLR, but not your first love. I do hope it can't hear you!

Regards,

Simon