[OM] Re: New member with question about 100/F2

Subject: [OM] Re: New member with question about 100/F2
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:00:58 +1300
Hi all,

One other thing crosses my mind about this lens, and excellence in hand-
held photography in general.

Some people, and I have in mind an old friend who used to be a professional
photographer, have forearms that are the dimensions of a modest-sized ham.
Heavy.

Any camera held in a hand attached to such an arm is going to be much
steadier during exposure, simply because if the camera is going to vibrate,
it's ability to do so will be considerably hampered by the sheer mass (much
greater weight) of the hand & arm that are holding it, as it has to make them
move as well.  Not easy.

My forearm and hand by comparison are light-weight and like peasticks; the
more so the older I become. There is much less inertia ( physics/engineering-
speak here) in my arm than in that of my friend, so for that reason alone, his
shots should be sharper.

Brian