[OM] Re: E-500 specs (long)

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 specs (long)
From: bartjew@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:49:10 +0200
Citeren "jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > I've noticed other manufacturers using names in addition to numbers in the
> > US market.  Why they can't just use the model number I'll never know. And
> > yes, Evolt is ugly.  But then not a lot more than C*n*n's Digital Rebel.
> > Hum... silliness.
> >

> As intel said you can't protect a number e.g. 486 and stop someone else
> using it but you can protect a name like pentium....
> James

Sure?
I can't imagine Olympus was just being just courteous to a wel-known German RF
manufacturer when it
renamed the M System to OM System. There must have been some legal pressure
behind that.

I know of a similar situation in the automobile history: Porsche intended to
announce a sportscar with the
name '901', but that naming schema (number-zero-number) had been claimed by
French manufacturer Peugeot.
Hence the car was named '911' .

Regards,
Bart

--
Nu 12 maanden gratis Live Eredivisievoetbal bij 20 Mb ADSL voor maar
EUR 39,95 per maand. Bestel op www.versatel.nl/voetbal