[OM] Re: Re. New toy

Subject: [OM] Re: Re. New toy
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 07:47:06 +0000
With my little diesel BMW I seem to remember the manual recommending
varied driving and engine speeds for the first 1,000 miles, using no
more than 3,500RPM (I rarely go above that now and in 6th gear it
would give me 122mph).

The first service was at nearly 20k miles and was only an oil
change.  It has now done 31k and the next service is still 13k away.

Some people reckon that good cars take 60k miles to run-in ...

Chris

~~ >-)-
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.