[OM] Re: Somebody stop me, please....

Subject: [OM] Re: Somebody stop me, please....
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 07:35:09 -0400
I think Oly is still waiting for the 10-12MP low noise 4/3 sensor that
Kodak likely promised them but has so far been unable to deliver.  Oly
has probably also been stunned to find their very expensive, high
mechanical quality E-1 body out there slogging through the price mud
with the cheap plastic bodied competition.  They're probably not in a
hurry to repeat that mistake.

I was about to suggest that perhaps they could simply reuse the E-1 body
with a new sensor and electronics and avoid a lot of new development
expense.  However, I just realized that a competitive camera has to have
a much larger LCD so at least the back of the camera will require some
retooling to make room.  I wonder if they even considered that a larger
LCD would be needed further down the road.

Chuck Norcutt