[OM] Re: E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:44:11 -0700
Have you actually made a comparison? When you take format dimensions
and eyepiece magnification into effect, there is really very little
difference between the 5D viewfinder image size and one of the better
small sensor viewfinders like the one in a D200. 22mm v. 25mm for the
long dimension.  .71 magnification seems to throw away much of the
advantage of the larger format, at least for seeing what you are
doing. I have read enough subjective judgments that the brightness is
no better than a 20D, just a little bigger, that it makes me wonder.

For what it is worth. the finder in my 200D is a tad brighter than
the one in my OM1n, but a little bit smaller because the Olympus has .
84 eyepiece magnification.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA