[OM] Re: Parcelforce is The Company from Hell... Are there any alternati

Subject: [OM] Re: Parcelforce is The Company from Hell... Are there any alternatives?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 14:03:54 -0000
Parcelforce is owned by Royal Mail.  It is owned by the Government.

If parcels from US are delivered by Parcelforce, it is because the sender
has chosen USPS as the shipper.  USPS, in common with almost all postal
monopolies, does not have operations outside its own country, and
conventionally the postal monopolies deal with each other to fulfill their
overseas deliveries.

Conversely, if you go to the local Post Office in UK, and if your package
weighs 2kg or more, then it will be shipped overseas by Parcelforce.  If it
is going to US, then it will be delivered to destination by USPS.

I explained in my previosu message your choices for inbound parcels.  For
outbound parcels, you can take your package to MailBoxes Etc to ship by UPS
(who have the MailBoxes master franchise), or to Staples to ship by DHL.  I
am sure there are other choices locally for you.

--
Piers