[OM] Re: [OT] The cholesterol myth, was: Re: List etiquette for replies

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] The cholesterol myth, was: Re: List etiquette for replies
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:42:02 -0500
It's a big decision if you believe that cholesterol is threating your
health.  It's an even bigger decision when you have known heart problems
as I do.  But it's an easy decision if you conclude, like I did, that
cholesterol has a bad rap and that statin drugs are slowly eroding your
health rather than helping in any significant way.  Cholesterol is
basically an innocent bystander. But it took me two years of studying
the literature starting with Ravnskov's book and plowing through some
real data from real studies to conclude that the emperor has no clothes.

I will also say that going through these studies requires little in the
way of medical background.  Most of the data is statistical and I do
understand most of that.  And much of the statistics are an abomination
that wouldn't pass muster in a rigorous examination of technique.
Ravnskov discusses that in a fair amount of detail too.

Chuck Norcutt