[OM] Re: OT - firewire

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - firewire
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 23:22:10 +1030
On Tue, Dec 25, 2007 at 05:49:21PM +1100, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> The idea that my own system was porous and so my password and account
> details could be intercepted during the log on procedure. Sounds
> likely seeing that my OSX firewall options were imperfectly enabled.

Hi Andrew,

good to hear that you trapped what could have been a very serious issue.

One thing paypay offer out here is the security key. this appears to be
a one-time password token device.

https://www.paypal.com/au/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/securitycenter/general/PPSecurityKey-outside

Then it matters much, much less, about how 'porous' your system is...

davidt