Re: [OM] The other kind of weather

Subject: Re: [OM] The other kind of weather
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 17:01:52 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Andrew,

> Temp's 45-47deg (114-117oF), humidity under 10%, wind gusts 50-90kmh
> blowing dead leaves.

Brilliant and wonderful weather, though not what Melbourne normally gets.
Humidity here is (or was when I checked 30 mins ago) at 3%, and 46.7
at 1600Hrs.

OM content below :-)

Been outside cutting all the dead tree's and plants down and enjoying
every minute of the heat. Might actually start getting a tan again as I've
found it very hard to get my original brown look back since I moved to
Melbourne and I turned white. Taken some photos of the house and
yard to compare it all to the gardens heyday, not much left now :-(
Thats the downside.

Put a lot of water bowls around as there are some very shell shocked
birds on the ground under the bushs. a few dead birds on the streets
here as well.

My black Kalgoorlie bush cat was lounging on the dirt in the shade,
pissed off as he knows he's not to touch the birds, at least not while
I'm around.

> Reports of 50deg in hot pockets such as on the highway. Wind is like
> a furnace blast full of dust.

Makes me feel at home :-)
The dust is nothing like what Kalgoorlie us to get though, that bit I
dont miss.

> Cool change tonight, we hope - if you think 32deg (90oF) is cool.

Ya but the humidity will go up again :-(

> Now, ain't you glad you've got a snowstorm?  :-)

No !
That humidity is certainly to high for me.

Come inside to check my wifes ok, after checking that Bill next
door is still going ok (he's in his 80's). Nice cup of coffee and to
check my email.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/

All taglines are busy... One will be with you shortly.