Re: [OM] OT - new monitor setup

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - new monitor setup
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 18:57:49 -0600
On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 6:07 PM, C.H.Ling <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> BTW, I see your another post about the loss of top/bottom 3cm image area not
> used, it is absolutly not acceptable and strange. You may have a very old
> display card that does not support 1920x1080.

You are right.  I installed a GeForce video card and all is right with
the display now.  The old display adapter is part of the MB.  Even
though it allowed me to set it to 1920x1080, it didn't really work
properly.

Text is clearer now, without shadows or ghosts.  HD videos are
awesome.  I was able to re-do my profile of the monitor with my old
ColorVision spectrometer.

The new adapter also fixed the problems I was having with images being
stretched.

Thanks for your responses, Ling, and all the best to you and yours in 2010!

Joel W.