Re: [OM] (OM) related - Manfrotto/bogen tripod head adj

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) related - Manfrotto/bogen tripod head adj
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 21:33:21 +1200
Well, eventually I decided the only way to cure the head of my tripod was to
remove the faceplate by levering it off with a stout blade. That worked but in
the process I broke three plastic prongs that held it on. I didn't know they
were there and had I known I would have been a little more patient with my
levering.

The problem was that three set-screws with conical surfaces mating with the
head base, under the faceplate, had worked loose. Not difficult as they were
all a really sloppy fit.

Bad design; there should have been parallel sided pins doing the job. They
would not have worked themselves loose.

Metal bits are together again and I am in the process of gluing the faceplate
on with Selley's "Liquid Nails", which I had to hand.

Thanks for the parts offer Ken. So far I don't need to call on it.

Brian Swale.