Re: [OM] Sheep Farm #13

Subject: Re: [OM] Sheep Farm #13
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 15:46:24 -0500
The Sears Roebuck Catalogs of the 1930s listed the hydraulic ram device.  My
late Mother was  born in south-central Kentucky, an area of small mountains
and streams, and I recall her saying that the rams provided water to homes
in the small town where she lived.

Those same catalogs carried the windmills that have been under discussion.
Some were designed to pump water, and others were set up to provide a small
amount of DC power, which could charge the wet cells used in battery-powered
radios.  The dry cell packs were purchased separately, but lasted a long
time.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA