Re: [OM] Perspective on Gary

Subject: Re: [OM] Perspective on Gary
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 13:34:57 -0500
> Yes, but it's only dangerous in the two cities - Tegucigalpa and San Pedro
> Sula - and only if you are a gang member or drug dealer or happen to get in
> their way.  The countryside, where I go as soon as I get in the country,
>  is very safe.

This is why you need to look a little deeper at the USA's homicide
rates. If you are a black man living in Washington DC, you need to
watch out because the homicide rate is almost 40 per 100,000. About
three times that of the white population.

That's on the high end. But here in flyover country, we're down there
in the 1.5 range.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx