Re: [OM] IMG: Lennon Wall

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Lennon Wall
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 10:15:14 +0100
Mike

My wife and I stayed near Durness, at the head of Kyle of Durness, shortly
before Bob and Joan trekked over the Scotland, Mike.  We passed the John Lennon
Garden once while we were there.  According to Wikipedia Lennon lived with his
aunt because his mother couldn’t cope with him.

I can’t say that I was ever much of a fan of the Beatles or Lennon, though.
The songs bring back memories of my arrival in the UK for boarding school (my
parents lived in Aden at that time), but they did nothing for me at the time.

Durness was a fantastic place to spend a week; our cottage was almost on the
water of the Kyle and we had a great view of the mountains to the south, along
the Kyle.  Furthermore the Kyle was tidal so the scenery changed twice a day
(as well as the constantly changing weather :-)).

Chris