Re: [OM] Unusual aircraft

Subject: Re: [OM] Unusual aircraft
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 06:43:55 -0600
Hi Chris,

From what I can find with G**gle, the engine power is close to original, but propeller efficiency is probably higher.

The original Dakotas had Wright 1100 and P&W 1200 hp engines. The conversion is reported to use Pratt and Whitney Canada PT6A-67R engines of 1281 shp.

The old radials would probably respond more rapidly to a full power application, but the turbos would win an extended climb. They can also operate to 25,000 ft.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA