Re: [OM] IMG: Havana Skyline

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Havana Skyline
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 07:54:17 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>I think I'm asking this laptop to do too much.  I'm always getting messages
>that memory is running low and I need to close programs.  I have a scanner
>running all the time and Photoshop and Lightroom are always on and working
>on something.  I have 18 external hard drives hooked up, including a
>Drobo.  My Task Manager says that for Physical Memory, I have Total 8156,
>Cached 177, Available 174, Free 1.  The memory bar is at the top of the
>graph.  I have programs that scan for viruses regularly and turn the
>computer off and back on every day - otherwise it really hangs up.
>
>Besides, I want a new computer ;-)
>I deserve a new computer.
>A new computer would make my life so much better.
>I could finish all of these Cuba photos in half the time with a new
>computer.
>Tom just got a new computer last month.

     You may need nothing more than a RAM defragger.  I've been using Ram Def
XT for a few years and it works very nicely.  You have to run these things
twice as the first pass removes the applications that are no longer running and
the second pass removes the associated data files.  Speed picks up right away.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson