[OM] Simply Awful Packaging

Subject: [OM] Simply Awful Packaging
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 07:22:41 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I recently came across a bicycle wheel on evilBay that has a rare Weinmann
rim from the early 1970's.  I have a pair of these on a 1974 Motobécane Grand
Tour mixte, plus a lone rear wheel.  The price was pretty good, especially
since it was the only one I'd seen in years, so I bought it. It arrived
yesterday, and when the postmaster came up to the counter with it in hand I
almost went into shock. It had been mailed with just a narrow strip of
corrugated cardboard around the outside of the rim, a couple of patches to
either side of the hub, and then wrapped in shrink wrap with the shipping label
stuck on. The skewer was tucked in between the rim and the outer cardboard:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/24703417446/in/dateposted-public/

Fortunately there was no damage.

OM content:  I used one of my E-500's to take this photo, and I should have
found a better spot that did not have light reflected from a wall behind me.

Chris the Moto(bécane)maniac