Re: [OM] Teeth [was: Nathan's PAD 30/5/2019: a lunch at Hostal Maruja]

Subject: Re: [OM] Teeth [was: Nathan's PAD 30/5/2019: a lunch at Hostal Maruja]
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 10:06:06 -0400
  I think there are two issues here. Your local health department will
apply the same standards to an ethnic market/restaurant and will shut them
down if they fail to make the grade. This is based upon best practice of
cleanliness and proper food handling. However, they will not be testing
foreign sourced food products for material that should not be there. That
is beyond the scope of their abilities and is left up to federal agencies
who likely have seen their budgets slashed. I am particularly suspicious of
products coming out of China. Recall the melamine in the milk powder
scandal of a few years ago. Re the green tea, I have no opinion as I don't
drink it. Black tea kind of guy.

Charlie