Re: [OM] OT: TVs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: TVs
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 07:31:44 -0500
It's also a problem with the new obsession in Hollywood to do everything in
super-hi-def and high frame rates. There have been several movies filmed
that way (I think one of the Hobbit movies was) and there was significant
backlash because it didn't feel like you were watching a fantasy, it felt
like you were watching a documentary on the filming of one. A number of
studios backed down and made it more film-like because of that.

Some TV's have a setting that allows you to downsample that content and
re-introduce a bit of motion blur.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Anchor, Amateur Radio Newsline

"Never follow anyone. Be your own hero." -- Neil Peart

"The Fountain of Youth is a state of mind" -- The Ides of March, "Age
Before Beauty"

"Deep inside we're all the same." -- Dennis DeYoung/Styx